The question I’m asked the most at the moment, is unpredictably “What’s happened?”
While I should recognise that this peak of curiosity is exciting for the new person to comment upon, they should also remember that they weren’t the first to ask it.
Now, far from me to start getting grumpy about the whole thing. I calmly respond with my happily, well rehearsed line.
The look, the shock and then the disappointment.
This is then consequently followed by,“You should make up a good story to go with that!”.
To be honest, it could be fun so instead of being caught off guard when asked, I thought I could list down some possible reasons here from which people can then choose. This time, I’ll let you guess the true story.
I broke my leg …
- while taming the baddest bucking bronco in the wild west*
- while crash landing a bi plane because the pilot had fainted while trying to do a loop-the-loop*
- while attempting the world’s first skydive into the Niagara Falls*
- while climbing K2 with my hands tied behind my back and only using my teeth for a pick axe*
- while slipping on a wet step, just what you don’t know was that was the first step onto Mars!*
- while kung fu fighting to rescue a group of baby pandas that had been bear-napped. Just mis-timed that roundhouse kick*
- while doing a reverse 360 somersault, triple axle, pike dive to base jump from the Burj Khalifa in Dubai*
- while water skiing with a group of Orca, using their fins to hold on to*
- while drag racing my latest speedster that can reach Mach 3, but the g-force was too much on the balance*
* please delete as appropriate